Sunday, June 29, 2008

Scenery & Shopping





Haley is definitely feeling more at home today. She found the toybox and proceeded to unload about half the toys. I guess she wanted to make sure she got to try them all out. This afternoon we went into Lexington. We got lunch yummy Chinese buffet for lunch, wandered Petsmart and then went to Garden Ridge. That place is crazy. It has EVERYTHING. Indoor furniture, outdoor furniture, yard decorations, candles, snacks, clothes, luggage.... I could go on and on! We had a blast wandering the store. Jim went camera happy and we made a new friend. Hi, Laura! On the way home Jim showed us around the downtown area of Lexington and brought us back to the house via the scenic route. It was really spectacular. Some of the horse farms we went past were just mind boggling. So many of the the mares had babies by their sides. I think I could definitely spend a lot of time here and not get bored with the scenery! Tomorrow we head out on the first leg of the journey to upstate New York to see Andy. Should be fun. I've never gotten to see his place before.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I am glad Haley got to try out all the toys. You guys saw horses and didn't even take any pictures of them. What is wrong with you.

Cathryn said...

I took pictures of horses yesterday. Doesn't that count for something?!