Monday, June 30, 2008

Erie, PA



Started out the morning taking Haley for some morning business. The cows were up close to the fence this morning and they made her REALLY nervous. She sat so straight and tense while her and the cow checked each other out. It was really comical. I tried to get far enough back to get a picture with her sitting there and the cow in the background but she wouldn't let me get a step away without moving back away with me.
We finished packing, had some breakfast and started out on the first leg of the trip to New York. The day was gray and a little blustery for most of the day. Definitely on the cool side too, with temperatures ranging between 62 - 66 for most of the day. We're staying the night tonight in Erie, PA. We got here around 6pm and set out to find some dinner and Lake Erie.







We found an awesome state park that runs around a whole peninsula area there. It is Presque Isle. It was a beautiful park and we got out to one of the beach areas around the peninsula just as the sun was setting. The timing was perfect. I found a pretty rock for Lisa at the water's edge and soaked up the amazing view. The water didn't feel nearly as cold as I thought it would either. I'm so glad the weather cleared up enough to enjoy the drive. I wouldn't have wanted to miss it! Then just as we were wondering if we would ever find our way back to the motel, Nuvi brought us straight back here to get a good night sleep for the rest of the trip tomorrow.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

The picture of Haley is pretty cute. The picture of the beach area there is really pretty. I wish I was there.

sheltiemom said...

The pictures of Lake Erie are awesome, you might just be getting the hang of the camera thing! Vacations are good for the soul.