Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm on Vacation




I hit the road Friday night a little after 6pm CST in the middle of a severe thunderstorm warning. The first couple of hours of the trip were pretty hairy! I wasn't sure how far I was going to make it. I did eventually make it to a little north of Decatur, AL and stopped for the night. Haley and I headed out bright and early and made it to Lisa and Jim's about 1:30 EST yesterday afternoon. Haley was a little overwhelmed by all of her four legged cousins at first but is starting to get settled it. We got to go to the Kentucky Horse Park yesterday afternoon. The were showing horses that were in need of adoption. Some of the stories about how they ended up for adoption were just heartbreaking. I took some information for future reference. Today we are headed to Garden Ridge to look around. I hear it's pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Lucky You!!! You are all ready on vacation, but me and mom have to wait for about two more weeks!!!