Friday, July 4, 2008

Thursday


Thursday Andy and I went to the Adirondack Museum. The place was amazing. I think you would have to go there a few times before you could really see all you wanted to see. There were different areas laid out for boats, trains, horse related stuff, logging.. I couldn't resist getting a picture of this canoe called the Minnewawa after our trip on the Minnehaha the day before.

The have an area where they have people demonstrating the art of canoe building and paddle making the way it was done in the past. This guy was working on the paddle you see in the background. He would also answer any questions you had.

I couldn't resist playing in the oversized Adirondack chair. I am a tourist after all...

The sign for this stagecoach says it holds 24 passengers. Boy, would you get to know the other passengers REALLY WELL by the time you got where you were going!

This is a picture of my favorite chair. It's a rocker and I loved the way the back was rounded. It looked like it would be pretty comfy out on a porch in the late spring or in front of a fireplace on a cold winter night.

1 comment:

sheltiemom said...

I trust you purchased on of those lovely spacious Adirondack chairs! I love it!