Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Lisa!





Today we went to Bennington, VT. It was a really quaint little town. There was a candy and chocolate shop there that was to die for! The smell as you walked in the store was just luscious! I think I could have bought out the whole store. They had an 82.5 pound chocolate moose on display. They had at least a dozen different kinds of fudge and milk and dark chocolate candies of every variety that you could think of. I think I was gaining weight just standing smelling the heavenly scents!
All around the town, they had these really neat little statues. Some of them were amazingly lifelike. They also had these moose all over the area, just like the Hattiesburg Swans. We had a really nice day. Allen chaffeured us around today and then cooked us a wonderful spaghetti dinner this evening. How spoiled are we?!

6 comments:

sheltiemom said...

Save you any of what???!!! It looks like you all are having a great time. I wish I was there.

Marianne said...

It seems like you and grandma are having a good time. See you in three days!!!!

Cathryn said...

The cake Lisa! It looks delicious. Was there anything in your mailbox last night or did your cards not quite make it?
Marianne, can't wait to see you! I got some maple leaf candy. I hope it's the kind you wanted.

Marianne said...

I am sure what ever type of candy you got is fine. I will be able to choke it down even if it isn't perfect. I'm not that picky you know.

Jim said...

The cake is all gone. Sorry, there might be a few snickerdoodle crumbs left. We can scrape them into a pile for you.

Marianne said...

Ha Ha Jim. That isn't even funny. Aunt Lisa can always make more if the cookies really are gone. And i will make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Kripsy Treats tomarrow.