Monday, January 19, 2009

New Year, Big changes!


My military orders in Hattiesburg were up on the 14th of January. I spent the last week frantically trying to get the last of my stuff moved from the house there back to the house in Jay. I borrowed Kirby's truck to move some of the bigger stuff that wouldn't fit in the Honda. Kirby's truck barely fit in my garage there! Thankfully, I was able to get some renters for the house there. A military couple with a son that hopefully will enjoy the house as much as I did and stay for a while.


One of the best things about moving back to Jay is getting to spend lots of extra time with Madeline. She will be walking soon. She has already taken a step or two and as soon as she gets a little braver, she will be off and running.
With barely enough time to catch my breath from moving out of my Hattiesburg house, I loaded up a U-Haul to bring a bunch of stuff up to Lisa & Jim's. They are graciously letting me store some stuff in their garage until I can really get moved (again!) and get a place of my own. I had lots of duplicate stuff (two entire kitchens worth) and no place to put it. Since the house in Jay is going on the market at the end of this month, I needed to get some of the stuff out of there so that when possible buyers come to look they can actually see the place and see potential for themselves.

Me and Haley made it up here to Lisa and Jim's safe and sound Saturday night. I was pleasantly surprised with how easily the U-Haul towed. I was a little nervous when I first headed out. The only time I had towed before was with a Humvee! Jim helped me get most of it unloaded yesterday afternoon and I should be returning it later today. We got snow most of the day yesterday and it finally starting to stick last night. What a beautiful morning to wake up to!








2 comments:

Marianne said...

Good luck with all the moving stuff. Madeline is sooooooo cute!!!

mousefreek said...

I can't believe you are mving to Kentucky! Good luck selling the house in Jay and I hope the renters in Hattiesburg are good to you for a long while! :) Keep us all posted!

PS - Where will RonJon, Rachel & Madeline be living once you sell the Jay house??