Thursday, January 29, 2009

Big Day!

Well, today was the big day... after over three years on military orders, today was my first day back to work at the post office. I survived intact, but not without some serious butterflies. It was a very full day. My sub was supposed to assist me today. I guess he sort of did... but they had him doing all kinds of other stuff today, so he wasn't exactly there to answer questions as they came up or anything. They had him case for a while on another route... head to the main Post Office on Jordan St... Deliver express mail... So, it wasn't exactly the help I thought I was going to get, but he did lead me out on the route and show me places where I had to dismount with the mail and stuff. All in all, the day wasn't too bad, but it did seem kind of surreal to be there doing that job after all this time. I can definitely tell that I am out of practice as well. My right shoulder is really aching tonight and my fingers hurt a little. My back is a little sore too. Looks like a Motrin kind of night! Hopefully it won't take long to get used to using these muscles this way again. I should be able to pick up some speed fairly readily too. It's a pretty good route overall... And thank goodness I have a mail truck now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you have to do to REALLY enjoy your job is--- take Bahloo instead of the mail truck. Or to pull the mail truck...

Jim Warner said...

Does this mean you've gone postal?

Ezzy said...

that sounds mean, uncle Jim.
I hope everything smooths out with it.

Heather said...

yes. horse drawn mail buggy! Time to go postal everyone!!!