Sunday, August 10, 2008

Paso Fino









Most of the week pretty much sucked. Tuesday I went to the foot doctor. I started getting treatment for the plantar warts and also discovered that I have something called Neuroma's. It's a growth of nerve tissue. It causes my third and fourth toes to go numb and makes the ball of my foot burn. It also makes it feel like there is a rock in my shoe. It's been happening for years. I just never knew what it was. They are treating the warts with an acid solution and they gave me injections in the top of my foot to help calm the nerve growth. My feet were bandaged all week and definitely didn't fit into my boots! I was really glad to take the bandages off today. Next appoint a week from Monday. Wednesday morning I woke up with a cold. I spent the rest of the week blowing my nose and wishing I could take a nap. I had to work Saturday morning. Sunday morning I finally woke up feeling a little better so I decided to go to the Deep South Paso Fino Horse Show. The horses were gorgeous. It was so neat to hear their four beat gait on the sound board. I wish I could go see their National Competion in Perry, GA next month. The week definitely ended much better than it began.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

I love Paso Finos!!! I wish I could have been there!!! There is some knew stuff on my blog too.

sheltiemom said...

I'm glad Sunday was fun, the pictures are great. Bet they weren't giving any of those horses away! That grey is fabulous!

Cathryn said...

Actually, there was a $10 raffle ticket to win one, but I didn't buy a ticket. I was afraid that I would actually win something for the first time in my life and have no way to get it home! LOL Besides it wasn't a grey anyway....

Ezzyelf said...

Glad you week got better. the show look kind of cool.

Heather said...

Should have at least tried, I hear Paso Fino's are very smart, sure footed horses. Harder to find the farther north you get. Besides wouldn't you love to get Madeline a nice little sweet horsie to ride? Hehehehehe